Dear tanguero friends:
For the ninth year Antonio and I are happy to invite you to our Festivalito milonguero that will take place in a stunning location: in Saaburg, Germany (Rheinland-Pfalz). Although we moved from Montecatini to Saarburg in 2016, what has remained the same is the spirit, the “soul” of our event: we pride ourselves in creating a very international environment, with good, respectful dancing, excellent music in a convivial atmosphere.
In the beautiful wine region of Rheinland-Pfalz, nestled among Germany, France and Luxembourg is this little gem of a town.
We invite you to join us once again for a weekend of great tango.
If you wish to join our mailing list please send us a message at email@example.com with subject FESTIVALITO SAARBURG 2019.
All the participants to the first three Saarburg editions had great praises for this new location: the air-conditioned Stadthalle proved to be the perfect venue for the milongas, with the perfect wooden floor, perfect acoustic, lots of space in the dance-room and outside.
In addition, the little town welcomed us with open arms and all the participants commented on how friendly everybody was, the hotel and restaurant staff, the shopkeepers, etc.
Just to make things even more appealing, Saarburg offers a variety of very good restaurants and prices are quite reasonable.
In short, we love Saarburg and we are delighted to be back there for the third time.
The encuentro 2019 will take place on the weekend of 5, 6, 7 April, starting on Friday aftternoon with a milonguita.
The program is on this page and you will receive a personal invitation to the event if you are on our mailing list.
As always, we encourage you to let us know if you have friends who are not on the mailing list, we will be happy to add them.
Looking forward to seeing you next spring!
Abrazos, Francesca and Antonio
If you are on FaceBook and are not yet a member of our private group FrAnTango Events, please send us a “friend’s request” and you can then join: https://www.facebook.com/groups/frantangoevents/
Please note that this “encuentro” is open to a limited number of participants and it is dancing role (leader/follower) balanced.
You are welcome to register without a partner, but please be aware that you might be placed on a waiting list.
The spirit of our event is to promote tango milonguero, as it is danced in all the traditional milongas both in Buenos Aires and in the rest of the world. It is a social tango and a tango of embrace.
In this spirit we would ask you to please follow a few guidelines:
– Tandas & Cortinas: music is presented in tandas. When the cortina starts, couples leave the dance floor and return to their seats. Please do not stand in front of seated people or in the middle of the dance floor.
– Mirada & Cabeceo: Please do not invite at the table, but use “Mirada & Cabeceo”
– La Ronda: couples move counter-clockwise on the dance floor, keeping their position in the ronda without zig-zaging or overtaking other couples.
– Dress code: please wear only tango shoes or tango sneakers on the dance floor. Dress can be casual, but neat, what in Argentina is called “elegante sport”.
– Feet on the floor please! No high voleos, high ganchos or big moves.
– Dance in harmony with the other couples, using your space and respecting their space, thus avoiding unpleasant collisions.
Event posted by: Rita Maree Horne
About the author: Social Dancer, Writer from Edinburgh
Published: 14 Dec 2018 @ 21:01
Last modified: 6 Jan 2019 @ 10:23
Organising an event? List any ‘tango’ event from local milongas and classes to international festivals, marathons and encuentros. It’s completely free to share your events and everyone is welcome. Login (or Signup) and tap the ‘CREATE’ button in the menu.