Event | Local Class / Workshop, Local Milonga | TANGUITO Bruno | Views: 649
| News: 0
This event has now ended…
Sun 19 Jan 2020, 14:00 → 19:30
Entry Example £12
Pay at the door. Cash only.
THIS SUNDAY 19/01! After the beginner lesson, we are excited to announce our ALL LEVELS M.O.T. – a pure technique workshop, designed to greatly improve your balance and communication in Tango.
Conceived with both Leaders and Followers in mind (we will show different technique and exercises), we will cover the following topics:
– preparing and executing more stable pivots
– knowing about the role of the step before the pivot: 2 different techniques for better balance
– understanding timing and body alignment, and when it’s necessary to use out of alignment
– exploring the different types of dissociation
– revealing how to communicate pivots earlier in the embrace
– putting into practice: the giro/contra-giro
– recognising what differs between leader and follower technique
– bonus: new adornos for leaders and followers (if time allows)
This is an intensive session, so we recommend you come rested and ready to devour the secrets of building stable movements in tango ;).
The workshop will be followed by a milonga with a fabulous guest DJ from Germany: DJ Antonia, who features an impressive 13 year DJing experience in Europe and beyond.
*** PROGRAMME ***
» 2pm – 3pm BEGINNERS & IMPROVERS: the 8 forward
» 3pm – 4.30pm ALL LEVELS MOT: Pure Technique for the dancefloor, Balance and Communication for Leaders & Followers – with Bruno V. Abeele
» 4.30pm – 7.30pm MILONGA with guest DJ Antonia
» LOCATION 27A Upper street, Angel, London N1 2TZ
» £12 for Beginners/improvers lesson, £16 for the special MOT workshop (or £20 for both), incl. milonga. Milonga only: £10.