Boxing Day Tango on the Thames free at the Royal Festival Hall.
Today at 1 PM
Boxing Day Tango Secrets Party (earlier start 7 pm)
Today at 7 PM
Etonathon ~ 4 day Tango event in Eton
December 27 – December 30
End of Year Tango Booster 27-30 December
December 27 – December 30
Apartment for rent – Se alquila en Buenos Aires
December 27 – January 10, 2017
Sultans Tango Marathon & Festival 2016-2017
December 28 – January 2, 2017
Berlin New Year Tango Marathon – Second Round –
December 29 – January 1, 2017
3 More Events
Cover Photo, Image may contain: 2 people, people dancing, people standing, text and outdoor
Tuscany: Tango Therme Holiday 28/5-4/6/2017
Public · Hosted by Yvonne Meissner – Tango de Salón.eu
May 28, 2017 – June 4, 2017
May 28, 2017 at 4 PM to Jun 4, 2017 at 12 PM UTC+02
Via Campagna Fichino 90, 56034 Casciana Terme
Add Photo / Video
Intimate groups, 8 days, half board (local organic), excursions, open air tango salons
(AT) ALEXANDERTECHNIQUE — CAREN BAYER (NYC) int. renown teacher Alexander Technique: http://www.carenbayer.com/
(TA) TANGO — NESTOR AZORIN (Buenos Aires) – int. tango professional:http://nestorazorin.blogspot.com.ar/
(TA/AT) TANGO — YVONNE MEISSNER (Amsterdam) www.tangodesalon.eu
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOC4_Qox-FM *
& visit Pisa Tango Festival 2 nights: https://www.facebook.com/groups/179076938967897/
16 h Tango/AT lessons, excursions, pool, hot natural thermal spa, local (outdoor) salons, breakfast, dinner (organic): ****Country-B&B : 930,- Euro p.p./double occupancy, (some few private apartments: 1080,- Euro p.p.) Local milongas/festivals: http://www.pisatangofestival.it/
Sign up/info: email@example.com
Organization: http://www.tangodesalon.nl/english/blog/tango-holidays/ & https://www.facebook.com/events/1488636264800543/
IDEA BORN: LIMERICK AT CONGRESS: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153873163312641&set=pcb.1517779685219534&type=3&theater
AT PARTICIPANTS INVITED TO PROPOSE YOUR OWN AT WORKSHOP THEME, MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org !!!
Here see our past holidays:
last years: participants from USA, Europe, Asia, Emirates
– 8 nights half board, breakfast/dinner in ***Country B&B atwww.LeQuerciole.com with panorama pool, starting Friday at 17h with champagne/lessons/dinner, ending with breakfast, (Wednesday free/no dinner), ****B&B on Facebook: www.lequerciole.com &https://www.facebook.com/pages/Casale-Le-Querciole-Casciana-Terme/357547890961823
– double occupancy in apartments with 2 double rooms, kitchen, bathroom shared with one other couple, see http://www.lequerciole.com/en/apartments.html
– several private apartments available with sleeping sofa for kids: adding Euros 150,- p.p.
– kids welcome, hotel owner’s family keeps them playing with the animals onsite or games in the kitchen, economic solutions, reserve time slots, loving caring family B&B
– first Sunday night 29/5 dinner/workshop in milonga in sea city Livorno: https://www.facebook.com/events/201615466890274/
– in case of parking your camper, please ask for conditions: email@example.com
– 16 h AT Alex. Techn./TA tango lessons (17-19h) with 2 international professionals in tango & Alexander Technique with Caren Bayer (NYC)… inside or outside on big terrace https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.357559797627299.75727.357547890961823&type=3 *
– Participants’ exchange AT & TANGO, e-mail your workshop proposal themes!!!! 🙂 take place 19-19.30h & some mornings 11.30-12.30h:
– 1 x entry Thermal Baths http://www.termedicasciana.com/
– 1 x architectural excursion in own cars of participants with tour guide/historian theme Secrets of Italian Architecture / Etruscans
– 1 x wine tasting and wine explanation with typical snacks in family owned factory
– 1 x learn home made wood oven pizza event lunch / dinner near a Roman Chapel or dine at http://www.ristoranteilmerlo.it/
– 1 x guided tour spaghetti factory small scale family owned
– 1 x guided tour Castello di Lari with Etruscan origins
– entrance to 2 tango salons in Pisa/Lucca/Firenze/Livorno, (mostly open air in june), no drinks incl.
– we speak: English, German, Dutch, Italian, French, Spanish (formerly: partipants from Dubai, Canada/USA, Vietnam, Austria, Germany, Italy, GB, Netherlands, Italy etc.)
– with permission, slight changes to the program might occur…. 🙂
– We offer additional chill-in and Chill-out activities before & after the holiday with workshops in tango schools in the area Pisa/Livorno/Cecina/Firenze great to make contact with the locals already beforehand, see our last year’s before/after event: https://www.facebook.com/events/625682524150421/, so please book your ticket for min. 12-14 days!!! Let us know you need your room if extra days!!!!!
– Tango Festival in Pisa 2 – 5 june: https://www.facebook.com/groups/179076938967897/
– optional Shiatzu massage for dancers available for 30,- Euros / 50 min. :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7f7QoeX6H4 &http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20W2K_q3wck
– special thermal treatments/mud baths/aroma therapy in local natural spa at walking distance in thermal village Casciana Terme
– lunches at Restaurant Due Laghi with antipasti di terra o mare, pasta, dolce (wednesday closed) for a deal as 12 Euros saying you are from the tango group
– 1 afternoon: very special olive oil tasting in family oil factory (Frantoio) with antipasto
– horse riding track through hills of Chianni, different riding levels available
– If you miss some 1-3 days/can only attend a part of the week … let us know as we can fill up lost tango lessons with private lessons 🙂
Agriturismo le Querciole
Gianluigi Fagiolini (not the organizer of holiday, do not inform here as they will not pass on your phone nr./e-mail for information!!!)
via Campagna Fichino nr. 90
Casciana Terme 56034 (Pisa)
(in Casciana Terme drive direction Chianni and after 300 m at sport fields take left turn into non-asfalt road with sign IL FICHINO, drive 350 m and turn 2nd road to right, you will see an open portico alley)
(walking distance down the hill to Casciana Terme)
Pool and territory: http://www.lequerciole.com/en/the-farm.html
Various rooms in apartments: http://www.lequerciole.com/en/apartments.html
Last years holidays: Tango Holiday Photo Albums 2011-2015: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.427655070609363.88394.315640961810775&type=1&l=da2e9d6479
Indication of nightly milongas in Tuscany (we are ideally located between Pisa, Lucca, Viareggio, Florence, Livorno) from our last year’s holiday:http://agenda.faitango.it/eventi/eventiLista.asp?cat_evento_1=1&cat_evento_2=1&cat_evento_4=1&dt_dal=19%2F10%2F2013&dt_al=28%2F10%2F2013&id_stati=118®ione=Toscana&provincia&titolo&tema=data
PRE & AFTER:
Plan your trip including weekends before/after as we will teach lacal workshops in weekends around the holiday in the area of Pisa/Florence. Good to make contact already with the local tangueros! We are in the area from +- 15/5 till 5/6/2016 for the ones who ordered private lessons before hand.
LOCALS: (Offerte partecipazione nelle lezioni da 17-19h per i tangueri della zona, chiedeteci le vostre domande in Italiano!)
FLIGHTS / CAR RENTALS:
– Fly into Pisa or Florence airport with Alitalia (or budget: Airberlin, Transavia, Ryanair, Meridiana etc…), ideally with fly&drive for more freedom on free days, please note that renting a car is cheaper (+- 15-20 Euros/day) in Pisa and when booked in advance, don’t take Goldcars as we had a terrible experience with them
– Have a look at multy city flights clicking on multi city atwww.momondo.com or www.cheaptickets.com
– Fly into Pisa or Florence and book a rental car or arrive by train to Pontedera where we can pick you up. Or let us know your arrival to combine you for driving with other tangueros. In Pisa do not book with Gold Cars, they are malafide!!
CURRICULUM VITAE teachers
CAREN BAYER – ALEXANDER TECHNIQUE (AT), DANCER, TAI CHI CHUAN
Caren Bayer is the director of Manhattan Center for the Alexander Technique, which certified teachers from 2001-2014. She received her certification in London from Patrick MacDonald in1984 and since then, has maintained a private practice in New York City as well as teaching workshops internationally. She has been on the faculty of Pacific College for Oriental Medicine and currently has a teaching affiliation with the New School for Social Research. As a former dancer and longtime student of the martial arts, Caren brings 30 years of movement research to her teaching.
Centre de Formation Technique Alexander, Paris
L’Estudi Centro Tecnica Alexander, Barcelona
Escuela de Tecnica Alexander de Buenos Aires
Alexander Technique Centre, Galway, Ireland
School for F.M Alexander Studies, Melbourne Australia
Alexander Technique Institute & Teacher Training School, Sydney Australia
Alexander Technique Alliance, Kyoto Japan
Alexander Institute, Los Angelos, California
The Alexander Technique Educational Center, San Francisco, California
Alexander-Technik Centre, Freiburg, Germany
WORKING ON SPIRALS FOR TANGO: Caren: My approach to the Alexander technique is a beautiful compliment to Tango. In this method, teacher and student coordinate, listen and move together freely while aligning and restoring the integrity of their backs and center. The fundamental teaching whether for the lay person or a dancer is to unwind tensions that interfere with their natural poise, to gain greater awareness of spiral pathways flowing from the ground up and to. find the precision and comfort that makes dancing easier and more enjoyable.
Manhattan Center for the Alexander technique
http://www.carenbayer.com/ & http://www.alexandertechnique.com/at.htm
NESTOR AZORIN – TANGO (TA)
Is home in the worlds of folklore and tango. He started as a folklore at the age of 4 becoming a professional teaching it for 14 years. This journey brought him to the ballet group “EL FORTIN” DE DEL VISO,with which he travelled performing for 7 years nationally and in festivals. He participated in competitions gaining as a champion in various categories like MALAMBO SOLISTA SUREÑO,MALAMBO CONJUNTO NORTEÑO, CONJUNTO NORTEÑO ESTAMPA TANGO ESCENARIO, ETC.
With tango he had started in 1996 where he finished competitions in Buenos Aires as finalist representing the city of Pilar. He got invited to teach in salons like SALÓN CANNING, CLUB VILLA MALCOLM ,ESCUELA CARLOS COPELLO, GRISEL, LA VIRUTA and exhibitions in the most respected milongas of Buenos Aires and province.
Nestor Azorin finished in the competition METROPOLITANO DE TANGO SALÓN Y MILONGA as finalist in 2008 , 2009 , 2010 (3rd place TANGO SALON), finalist in the MUNDIAL DE TANGO in category ” SALÓN” in 2008 , 2009, (6th place) and 2014. He finally finished 2nd place in the 2010s MUNDIAL competition in the category of TANGO “SALÓN”. In 2009 his home town Pilar (at the rim of Buenos Aires) distinguished him as a honorable citizen “VECINO DISTINGUIDO” for his entire work of representing folklore and tango.
Nestor Azorin earned himself a place amongst internationally the 6 best couples of “TANGO SALÓN”. He was invited for tours and teach in Brazil, Eduador (festival de Quito), Italy, Switzerland, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Turkey, Lethonia, Greece, Russia, Indonesia, Singapur.
YVONNE MEISSNER – TANGO (TA)
dances tango since 1987 and met the Alexander Technique in 1996. Learning tango from the 90ies in the famous Salón Almagro in Buenos Aires with legends like Eduardo Arquimbau, Pepito Avellaneda, Teté Rusconi, Antonio Todaro, Vanina Bilous, Susana Miller, Cacho Dante for tango de Salon apilado, Tommy O’Connel and El Tango Guillermo for milonga con traspie and Canyengue Orillero with Rodofo y Maria Cieri and her teacher Pocho Pizarro. Mostly she is formed by the nameless milongueros in those times who called here bebe’, as by then the young generation Argentinians didn’t dance tango yet, as they only started from 1996.
Since 22 years she teaches tango and internationally performed in festivals next to names like Pablo Veron (Toulouse Festival, France), Osvaldo Zotto & Lorena Ermocida (Sitges Festival, Spain), Gustavo Naveira & Giselle Anne (Hamburg Festival, Germany), Miguel Zotto (Ithaca New York Festival, USA), Carlos Copello (Hamburg & Sitges Festival), Fabián Salas and Cecilia Gonzáles, (Hamburg Festival, Germany), Nathalia Games & Gabriel Angio (Contesto Brussels, Belgium, being jury members) and Leo Calvelli & Eugenia Usandivaras (Sitges Festival & Toulouse Festival) and Facundo (Vermont Festival, USA).
Since 1996 she has become famous for her practical analytic teaching with various body work techniques and looks back at 25 years experience in teaching tango. Yvonne is trained in Contact Improvisation, Modern Dance Techniques, Bodynamics and holds titles in Focussing, Somatic Experiencing and includes Alexander-Technique. Yvonne emphasizes the use of torsion including the use of the hip, synchronization of the movement inside the couple and interaction between lead and follow resulting in a conversation of bodies. From 1996 she has taught all over Europe and from 1999 in the USA/Canada/Brazil/Argentina, since 4 years in Asia.
Europe: Toulouse Festival—France, Amsterdam-Festival – Netherlands, Sitges Festival—Spain, Barcelona October Festival – Spain, Hamburg Festival—Germany.
USA: Octoberfest—Portland USA, Valentango Festival—Portland USA, Ithaca Festival – USA, Denver Tango Festival – USA, and Brandon Festival—Vermont USA, Albuquerque-New Mexico – USA, Burning Tango Festival – California USA, Las Puertas Marathon Festival USA – Albuquerque.
Asia: Ho Chi Minh City,Saigon Festival – Vietnam.
Workshops/jury 1994-2015 (returning frequency in cities): Buenos Aires (a.o. Salón Almagro from 1994), Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Enschede, Haarlem, Den Bosch, Haarlo, Bergen aan Zee (Netherlands), Münster, Düsseldorf, Nürnberg, Bamberg, Würzburg, Hamburg, Berlin, Konstanz, Wangen, Bochum (Germany), Zürich, St. Gallen, Engadin, Lausanne (Switzerland), Florence, Perugia, Todi, Bologna, Roma, Genova, Casciana Terme, Pisa, Pistoia, Ponsacco (Italy), Brussels, Antwerp, Gent (Belgium & jury in Brussels (Belgium), Rio de Janeiro (Brazil), Copenhagen (Denmark), London, Edinburgh, Cambridge, Newcastle, South Hampton, Bristol, Winchester, Cardiff (Great Britain), Toulouse, Montpellier, Paris, Nîmes, Lyon, Montreuil, Enghien (France), Istanbul (Turkey), Oslo, Bergen (Norway), Ireland, Barcelona, Sitges (Spain), Boston, Albany, Ithaca, Rochester, New York City, New Orleans, Miami, Minneapolis, Portland, Seattle, Port Townsend, Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, Anchorage, Albuquerque, Brandon Vermont, Denver, Mt. Shastra (USA), Vancouver, Saltsprings, Victoria Island (Canada), Mumbai, Delhi (India), Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam), Bangkok (Thailand), Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) Ubud & Denpasar (Bali Indonesia), Beijing & Guangzhou (China), Dubai, Abu Dhabi (Arab Emirates), Johannesburg (South Africa), and of course in Buenos Aires (Argentina).
Slight changes in the program might occur due to local milongas…. please understand.
Event posted by: Rita Maree Horne
About the author: Social Dancer, Writer from Edinburgh
Published: 25 Dec 2016 @ 12:54
Last modified: 12 May 2019 @ 19:48
Organising an event? List any ‘tango’ event from local milongas and classes to international festivals, marathons and encuentros. It’s completely free to share your events and everyone is welcome. Login (or Signup) and tap the ‘CREATE’ button in the menu.